Donnerstag, 17. September 2009

Next album release 2010

Currently working on his latest album, due for release in February, Clegg is travelling between studios in SA and Brussels.

"This is the first time that I'm not doing everything on the album myself and there's been a lot of pressure. I'm used to being able to take my time and do things at my own pace, but with this album I've had to fit into everyone else's schedule. Even though my last album, One Life, wasn't a huge commercial success, I really enjoyed working on it because it came together slowly.

"I could sit and mull over the songs until they felt right to me and there was no pressure or deadlines.

"I'm excited about the new album, though. It's very close to my early stuff, but with an organic sound. And we've used an entire live band in studio, which is a first for me."

...

http://tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5168666&fSectionId=431&fSetId=251

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

So what's the news on the new album?? The only mention of anything that I can find is 'yet' another compilation.. released on 28 May 2010 and called 'Spirit Is The Journey'
Please can someone enlighten me???

Steve

handycode2000 hat gesagt…

we are waiting ...
http://johnnyclegg.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-album.html
....Johnny is currently travelling between studios in Johannesburg and Europe, recording tracks for his 2010 release which he hopes will be commercially available by March of this year. ...

his actually 'last' album is another 'best of' - occasion the soccer world cup

Anonym hat gesagt…

March of 'this' year? or do you mean 'Next' year!!!

Anyway...I hope we don't have to wait too long!

...and I also wish he'd come back to Germany!!!

Steve